This morning as I was walking to the bus, I noticed that the fog was really thick. As in, the thickest it's been since we've been out here. It felt like a really heavy mist, and all the cars on the street were visibly wet.
And now that I'm on the bus, I'm reminded of one thing that freaked me out when I first saw it out here: lane splitting. In California, motorcycles are allowed to drive between cars in traffic in a "safe and prudent" manner. Of course, motorcyclists have a different interpretation of "safe and prudent" than I do. I regularly see them speeding between cars at 30-40 MPH when we're in stop and go traffic, and even sometimes when we're puttering along at 30 MPH, I'll see some bikes whiz by at 60-70 MPH. It was really unsettling at first, and it's still a bit odd after a few months.
Oh, and it's called the freeway, not the highway out here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe you can get a cheap in lieu of the possibility of a cheap car!
cheap motorcycle....
oops...
Post a Comment