Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Football Sunday!

This past weekend I found a bar in San Francisco where we could watch the Bills game. We got to the Northstar Cafe right around 1oAM Pacific time. As soon as we walked in the open door, we saw about 30 people in Bills jerseys, and the game was in HD on 2 of the 3 TVs in the bar. The bar was selling Labatt Blue bottles for $3.50 - that's a decent price for a beer in the city, and I haven't seen Labatt's anywhere else out here. By the time we left after the game (a decent victory to start the season) there were probably 50 people packed into the bar. We didn't have a rowdy host giving out a free beer if someone could high-five everyone in the bar after the Bills scored like at Jimmy's, but it was an awesome atmosphere nonetheless.

After the game was over at 1, we still had the rest of the day in front of us. We walked over to the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival which was only a few minutes away from the bar. We attended a surprisingly informative presentation about how Ghirardelli selects their beans and their process of making chocolate (did you know that the cacao beans are actually fermented?) and as a bonus, we got some free chocolate as well. After the presentation we bought a $20 card entitling us to 15 tastes of different chocolate-flavored items from various local vendors. Yum.

Overall, we had a great day. I hate getting up early on Sundays, but I think I'll be able to get used to it.

No comments: